The roots of GB Landrigan & Company are among the deepest of Indianapolis real estate firms.
The firm is owned by G.B. Landrigan. His grandfather, Bruce Savage, whose voice once took him briefly to the Broadway stage, began work in real estate brokerage in 1940. His firm, the Bruce Savage Company, soon became the largest residential brokerage in Indiana. It centered on the sale of fine North Side and Downtown properties. In the late 1950s, Savage was appointed by President Eisenhower to be the head of the US Public Housing Commission, now known as HUD.
A few years after Savage returned to Indianapolis, Richard Landrigan became the owner of the firm which had been renamed Savage/Landrigan. At a time when real estate firms were abandoning their specialties in favor of a much wider audience, he made the choice to retain the company's traditional emphasis, while quietly expanding it to cover Carmel and other emerging North Side areas. Landrigan died unexpectedly in 1984 and the firm closed several months later. In the article reporting the closure, the Indianapolis Business Journal remarked that Savage/Landrigan was one of the area's "oldest and most respected" real estate companies.
The following year, G.B. Landrigan entered real estate at the age of 21. Working with one of the larger firms in Indianapolis, he continued to specialize in the same areas as his father and grandfather. By 2005, he decided to launch GB Landrigan & Company as one of the Indianapolis area's few true boutique firms.